Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Jack Stack Barbecue

Jack Stack is a good standby for a delicious, upscale barbecue place. The barbecue is good and the sides are amazing. This time, I had something I had never tried before. As a matter of fact, I had never even seen it on the menu before. (I'm not saying that it wasn't on there, I'm just saying that I had never noticed it on the menu before) It was the barbecue baked potato, which unfortunately is only available for lunch. This is as amazing as it sounds. A baked potato with brisket, cheese, sour cream and barbecue sauce. I was a little leery about the barbecue sauce and the sour cream together, but it was a perfect taste combination and the brisket was cooked to perfection. I highly recommend it if you will be there for lunch. If you are going for dinner, your loss. Okay, you will just have to try some of their other delicious items.



I love the atmosphere of the Freight House location and they have a large patio for those few months of the year where it is tolerable to sit outside and dine. It is close to the railroad tracks, so when the trains come through, it may be hard to hear your dining companions, but I think it adds to the atmosphere and is well worth it.


Overall Rating: